Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Krishna & Me - when the heart is confused.

​Krishna & Me - Chapter 1


When the Heart Is Confused

Arjuna Vishada Yoga - The Yoga of Arjuna’s Despondency

The Bhagavad Gita begins in a surprising way.

It does not begin with victory.

It does not begin with wisdom.

It begins with confusion, fear and a broken heart.

Arjuna-the great warrior, confident and capable-stands on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. He looks at both sides and sees people he loves: his teachers, relatives, friends and elders.

Suddenly, his strength disappears.

His famous bow, Gandiva, slips from his hands.

And he says, in essence:

“Krishna, I don’t know what I should do.”

And this is where our journey begins.

The first lesson from Krishna

We often believe that spiritual strength means never feeling weak.

The Gita teaches us something very different.

It is okay to be confused.
It is okay to question.
It is okay to say, “I don’t know.”

Arjuna’s greatness was not that he had all the answers.

His greatness was that he was honest about not having them.

And perhaps that is the first step toward wisdom.

Sometimes life brings us to our own Kurukshetra.

A difficult decision.

A relationship we don’t understand.

A responsibility that feels too heavy.

A door that has suddenly closed.

A future we cannot see clearly.

We ask:

“Krishna, what should I do?”

And perhaps Krishna’s first response is not an immediate answer.

Perhaps He first asks us to stop, become still and look within.

 Our Kurukshetra

Kurukshetra is not only a battlefield from thousands of years ago.

It exists within each of us.

There is a battle between:

Fear and faith.
Attachment and duty.
Ego and humility.
Desire and wisdom.
What we want and what is right.

And sometimes the greatest battle is simply between the mind and the heart.

Arjuna represents all of us when life becomes overwhelming.

That is why his story remains so relevant.

 What I learn from Chapter 1

I don’t have to be ashamed of my moments of weakness.

I don’t have to pretend that I have everything figured out.

I can take my confusion to Krishna.

I can say:

“I don’t know the way.
Please show me.”

That honest surrender can become the beginning of transformation.

Because Chapter 1 teaches us something beautiful:

Before Krishna can guide us, we must first be willing to admit that we need guidance.

 Krishna & Me

There have been moments in life when I too have wondered:

Why is this happening?

Which way should I go?

Why did this door close?

Why is my heart so restless?

And perhaps I now understand that these questions are not signs that my faith is weak.

They may actually be invitations to go deeper.

Arjuna’s confusion became the doorway through which the Bhagavad Gita entered the world.

Perhaps our own confusion can also become a doorway.

A doorway to faith.

A doorway to wisdom.

A doorway to Krishna.

Today’s reflection

When you are confused, don’t immediately demand an answer.

Sit quietly.

Take a breath.

And say:

“Krishna, I don’t understand this moment.
But I trust that You do.
Give me the wisdom to see what I cannot yet see.”

Then wait.

Sometimes the answer comes as clarity.

Sometimes as courage.

Sometimes as acceptance.

And sometimes…

the answer is simply the strength to take the next step.


No comments:

Post a Comment