Monday Reflections: Rising Youth - The Hope We Must Nurture
Every generation carries a responsibility—to dream, to question, to learn, and ultimately, to make the world a little better than they found it.
Today, when I look at our young people, I see immense possibility.
I see young minds who are not afraid to think differently. I see courage, creativity, technology, compassion and an increasing desire to create meaningful change. But I also believe that young people do not need only opportunities—they need someone to believe in them.
Through my grassroots work, I have had the privilege of meeting children and young people from very different backgrounds. Some have very little in terms of resources, yet their dreams are enormous. Their questions have often reminded me that talent is everywhere; opportunity is not.
This is where our responsibility begins.
We must create spaces where young people can learn without fear, dream without limitations and lead without being constantly told that they are “too young.”
Education must go beyond examinations. It must build confidence, empathy, resilience, critical thinking and a sense of responsibility towards society.
And perhaps most importantly, we must teach our youth that success is not measured only by what we achieve for ourselves, but also by what we contribute to others.
A young person who chooses compassion over indifference, inclusion over exclusion and service over selfishness is already becoming a leader.
The India we will see tomorrow is being shaped by the young people we encourage today.
Let us therefore not simply talk about our youth.
Let us listen to them. Mentor them. Trust them. Give them opportunities. And walk beside them.
Because when young people rise with purpose,
society rises with them.
My Monday reflection:
Never underestimate the power of a young mind with a dream, a mentor who believes in it, and an opportunity to make it real.
The future is not waiting somewhere ahead of us.
The future is already rising among us.
— Ratna Joshi
No comments:
Post a Comment